Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 8 Daniel's Fast Devotional


 
Day 8
One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4
Life is full of distractions, whether good or bad, there will always be something fighting for our attention. As you’ve been fasting, I’m sure there have been dozens of things, in just one week, that have fought to get your attention. Maybe it’s been the pursuit of things like money, jobs, cars, friends, relationships or even food or maybe it’s the daily stress and responsibilities of life, work, children or spouses. Even a good thing can pull your attention away at the wrong time. This is why we need to repeatedly make the decision to fix our minds on the Lord and not the circumstances around us.
I love this scripture because it sums up the purpose of my life in just one verse. There is one thing I want from God, to live in His presence and THAT is exactly what I will pursue. Today, tomorrow and every day thereafter, I will pursue the Lord with my whole heart, my mind and soul. I will pursue Him with my words, my actions and my thoughts. I will remove anything from my life that will remove me from His presence.
My question to you is this, what is the one thing that you seek? Is it the Lord? Or is it something else? Ask the Lord to open your eyes to any distractions and to help you demonstrate the self- discipline you’ll need to pursue the Lord continuously. You’re one week into this fast, and you have two more to go. Do not allow yourself to be distracted from the pursuit of His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment