Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17 Daniel's Fast


Day 17
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
We all know what we want in life but sometimes, what we want isn’t what God wants. The truth is, no matter how much we pray and fast, if it’s not in God’s will for us, it just might not happen. That’s ok thought! God’s grace is sufficient for us. God’s grace will bring your through any situation, no matter how difficult it may seem. Sometimes as Christian’s we much rather ask God to change our situation, than to ask God to change us.
If Christianity were meant to be comfortable, we wouldn’t need a Comforter. Sometimes God will draw you closer and closer to your fears and further and further from your comfort zone, just to show you who He truly is! Don’t fight it. It’s in those times of discomfort that God can mold you, shape you and prune you into the man or women of God that He has called you to be.
You might be facing some big situations in your life right now, and your prayer for a long time might have been “God, please change it!” but you have an opportunity to pray something even bolder than that, you can pray that instead of changing the situation, God would change YOU. You may think it’s too hard, it will never work, but God says in your weakness, HIS STRENGTH is made perfect. I don’t know about you but I would rather have God’s strength over my own any day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment