Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 3 Daniels Fast

Day 3
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord.  Jeremiah 29:11- 14
The passage in the book of Jeremiah is possibly one of the most encouraging pieces of scripture in the bible. The truth is, we are all seeking to find purpose in life. “Who am I?” “What am I called to do?” “Why was I born?” We all have questions that run through our mind on a daily basis regarding our purpose in life, but how often do we truly seek out the answers to those questions? As you continue fasting, one thing is for certain; your sacrifice and commitment to the Lord will get His attention. This is your time to truly pursue the purpose for your life. Go before the Lord in prayer, seeking His will for your life.
I challenge you to begin a prayer journal, write down those things that you desire to hear from the Lord about. Pray for each of them diligently, and as the Lord begins to reveal the answers to you, keep a record of them. Fasting makes you sensitive to the Lord and during this time you will begin to hear both direction and correction from Him in a way you may not have heard in the past. This is your opportunity! Seek the Lord, He is there, waiting to be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment