Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Faith Beyond the Facts

Heb 11:1
11:1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
AMP


Have you ever got tired of believing God? If your not a regular church goer this might be easier to answer than if your a church regular. If you do attend a church regularly don't be super spiritual...Just get to the reality that at times it is HARD to believe God.

We are expected to simply have this total unwavering faith in something we can't see! It's kind of like asking you to jump out of an airplane and tell you not to worry because you have been equipped with a weightless, strapless invisible parachute that has artificial intelligence and is pre-programmed to deploy exactly when you need it...right...good luck with that. If your honest, that is sometimes how we feel with believing God's word or even believing in a God at all.

But, in the spiritual, that is exactly Gods expectation for you. Total trust in God. It is so hard at time yes I know I have been there many times. But yet I realize God spoke into nothing in order to create everything. I understand the complexities of the human body are so numerous that it is not by some mere big bang, or evolutionary process that I have been created but rather it was by design. I look at a tree and I realize without them we couldn't be alive! Not only do they create oxygen which is necessary for life but they also absorb carbon dioxide which is poisonous to us. Just take a look at the sun moon and stars, take a moment to marvel at the magnetic poles God created within our planet in order to keep the ocean currents circulating around the globe and take a moment to marvel at the vastness of all the universe and how we are uniquely placed just far enough from our sun in order to sustain life and we can even look at the 4 seasons and how the earth rotates in such a way that it keeps it all in sync. Friend, take a moment to marvel at the concept of gravity that as the earth spins at thousands of miles an hour you aren't toppling over or falling down...It was a moment like this that kind of did it for me...

If this God of all creation can maintain all of that, he can take care of me. I'll believe in him blindly and boldly. I won't ask why I will aske when! I will believe in him and all he has for me! I will abandon my life to live his plan for me for as he plotted out the trajectory of the earth's orbit around the son I do believe he can plot the course of my life!

Faith is believing in what I can't see. As the above scripture notes from the amplified version, faith, is the TITLE DEED to what God has for me! In other words it is my deed of OWNERSHIP. When I paid off my car, the bank sent me my deed. I own it outright. When Jesus died he paid the price for my salvation, so he owns it outright. When i choose to believe God for all his promises and his plan and I exercise it through faith, I OWN IT OUTRIGHT!


I have seen God's provision for me and he never lets me down. Financially, emotionally, materialistically, and even spiritually God always provides! My faith grants it to me! This is what all the men in the Bible were commended for. Their faith. Their ability to believe God without knowing everything. You need to know everything or you won't do anything but God says just listen to me!

Faith says its real even when everything around you says its not. Your 5 senses cant pick it up. You cant see it touch it feel it or anything else but you KNOW God said it so believe!

Abraham was told to just start walking and he walked. God never said walk here or walk there but rather he said go and I will lead you to where your going and Abraham went. Today God might be calling you to believe him in whatever your situation may be. Trust God! No matter how bad it seems. These are some of my definitions of what faith means:

Faith is what you need to accomplish the impossible.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof
Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time
Faith does not ignore the facts, it ignores the power of the facts
Faith is the title deed of ownership for the believer.
It is what guarantees the accomplishment of the impossible if you would just believe…

I know you might be facing some impossible looking situations…
You might have a few Goliaths in your life…
Maybe its in your finances or in your home…
In your heart or in your marriage…I know some might be struggling with sins and it seems impossible that you could ever let it go but with faith I came to tell you today you can achieve it.

Maybe your spiritually stagnant not even caring about growing anymore…just glad your not going to hell…but today God wants to awaken you no matter how impossible it seems…

I know God is challenging many more to take enormous steps of faith in your personal life and others he is beckoning you towards ministry…it seems impossible…but just have faith…

Look to Him…look to the author and the finisher of your faith! He will complete that which concerns you…


Ps 138:8
8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment